While holidays such as St. Patrick’s Day and the Fourth of July tend to be a larger draw in Butte, we wanted to share some unique Valentine’s Day ideas that you could share with your loved one. Whether you are visiting from outside of Butte, planning a staycation, or to stay home, we’ve got a few ideas for you! In no particular order (and certainly not without missing a long list of others ideas) here are our 10 Unique Valentine’s Day Ideas to do around Butte this year!
- Wine Basket To-Go or Eat-In at Park 217 – Enjoy a glass of wine from around the world or pick-up a wine basket to go upstairs at the Park 217 Wine Bar. Searching for an intimate and delicious meal? Go downstairs and enjoy an incredible meal. Specials change every week, and they are uniquely prepared with local exotic meat cuts, fish, local ingredients, and more from an incredible chef, who comes experienced in Montana cuisine from the famous Chico Hot Springs restaurant.
- Take Dinner To-Go from La Casa Toscana – Looking to avoid the crowds and want to spend a cozy night inside with a hearty meal? Look no further than the new authentic Italian restaurant in Uptown Butte. Sonia and her team at La Casa Toscana are always cooking up amazing Italian cuisine and also offer lasagnas and other dishes to go! For Valentine’s Day, they are offering a free bottle of bubbly with your to-go order!
- Wine from Front Street Market – Need an appetizer or a wine to go with your at-home meal? Stop by Front Street Market for their famous Gorgonzola dip and a bottle of wine! If you’re new to the wine game or looking for a great gift, sign-up for their wine club and receive two unique bottles of wine each month for $19.95!
- Cross-Country Skiing the Continental Divide – Looking for a little adventure? Try a short cross-country ski or snowshoe trip to a yurt for a romantic night on the Continental Divide with Homestake Lodge. Skis and snowshoes can be rented from Homestake Lodge and other cabin and accommodations are available as well. Lessons are also provided for those who are beginners.
- Custom Engraving by Butte Jewelers – Looking a little extra bling for a special loved one? Butte Jewelers can custom engrave and design jewelry to make your gift extra unique! They have been located in Uptown Butte since 1988 and also operate the Buffalo Gallery out of the same location.
- Sweets from Shepperd’s Candy – Step back in time and visit Shepperd’s Candy shop on Harrison Avenue. They make their candies in-house using retro industrial equipment and recipes that have been passed down through the family for over sixty years! Bring your loved one a sweet piece of the past and buy extras, because you’ll need plenty to share. Their caramels are a must-have!
- Showoff Your Home-Cooking Skills with Excelsior Meats – The excitement is abuzz around Butte for this shop’s reopening. The new owners, Justin and Ashley Fisher have reopened Excelsior Meats in their old location, and are bringing a little more offerings than just their exquisite and affordable cold-cut offerings. For Valentine’s Day, they even have lobster tails! Treat your loved one with a homemade dinner cooked with love from yours truly.
- Staycation at Fairmont Hot Springs – Enjoy a little staycation at Fairmont Hotsprings with the Ultimate Romance package. One night of lodging for two includes 24-hour access to the hot springs pools, sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries, breakfast for two – delivered by room service prior to your departure. Add to the romance by adding “romantic” red roses or flowers, upon request.
- Night Ice Skating & Smores – A great date night idea for those who are willing to bear the cold. Its a classic romantic activity and the Butte High Altitude Skating Center has got everything covered, including hot cocoa, pasties, a bonfire, and smores!
- Something Savory or Floral – Schalk’s Posie Patch has been delivering flowers, candy bouquets, fruit, and chocolates around Butte for nearly a decade, but beginning last year they began the Olive Pit. Now you can give something extra savory with their new addition next door. If you don’t know where to begin, there are recipe cards displayed to help you guide you to a palette of your choosing. Oils, vinegars, spices, rubs, and more are available!
While we believe that all experiences are unique to Butte, we encourage you to explore all retail, dining, lodging and outdoor recreations experience by visiting the directories listed in the tabs above.
#LoveElevated with #ButteElevated this Valentine’s Day!